Art Journal Photos

After half a day in the Den (sometimes you just have to do some housework!!), I managed to start making the covers for the Art Journal that I made at the workshop last Saturday and also took some photos. These haven’t come out as well as they might have done as I need to put the pages under something heavy for a while to flatten them. The covers are nearly finished, they just need a few bits added – I have some ideas but as usual I can’t find anything as I’ve had a tidy up!!




In the main I’ve used Adirondack Dabbers with just a few touches of white and black gel pen and some distress inks to tone down the scrabble letters. Even the texture stamping has been done with the dabbers – I’d never stamped using acrylic paint before the workshop!!

This was my first ever journal page! We used baby wipes to spread and blend the paint and then”inked” up an unmounted texture stamp with paint and rolled it in half so we could stamp with just the fold so only a small area of the stamp came out – you needed to see it demonstrated really!!! I’ve not decided yet what else to do with this page but it makes a good background.



This page had a fold on the left. I started off using pinks which is not one of my usual colour choices and was going to go with flowery images but after seeing some of the Stampotique stamps I decided to do something different!




Well, that’s the first lot of photos – I’ve still got to tidy up the others. Hopefully I’ll get time tomorrow but I’ve got to work for part of the day to prep for some meetings next week so the free time I do have will be a fight between ironing or sorting out the photos… competition really!!!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Published on: 17 April 2010
Posted by:
Discussion: Leave a comment