What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday 351

It’s Wednesday so it’s WOYWW….if I sneak in quietly, perhaps Julia and the rest of the lovely WOYWWers won’t notice how long I’ve been away 😉

Things have been happening at the ‘paper’ end of the den 🙂

finished piece

brayered tissue masterboard

My enjoyment from using all things Paper Artsy has returned and I have been playing around with fresco paints making brayered masterboards after watching some of the Paper Artsy You Tubes. This started off as a piece of Tim Holtz printed tissue and I gradually built up layers of fresco paints using a mini brayer (you can see the edges of the paints at the top of the photos – 11 colours – I may have got a bit carried away!).  I then picked out some of the colours and added various Paper Artsy stamps as highlights over the tissue. I finished with using a Wendy Vecchi script stamp over half of the sheet with Snowflake fresco. I decided it was a bit dense so I swapped to a crackle stamp for the other half of the sheet…I think that side looks better.

This is what the tissue started out like with the first of the colours.

P1030724

Tim Holtz tissue paper with the first paints added

I think this will end up cut into card and journal backgrounds. The paper end of the den has been sorted and tidied, some things no longer used have been sent to new homes via Ebay and the desk is back to a creative space that hopefully will be on show each Wednesday.

Can’t wait for Sunday as I’m off to Stamporama at Stevenage to see all the new Paper Artsy stamps (and maybe buy one or two…)

For those of you that are new to WOYWW – pop over to Julia’s blog where you can find links to other WOYWWers’ blogs and see what they’ve been up to at their crafty desks

Happy Crafting

Caz

xx

Comments (30)

1. Clemencia (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Oh my goodness, this is lovely!!! I see you have copic markers on top of it 🙂 which I have never used (way out of my range $$$) lol thanks for sharing the link to the videos, I really love your work, Clemencia @32

2. LLJ (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 12:19 pm

It’s lovely to see you back and you don’t have to sneak in….stride in boldly, we all have breaks from time to time! I like that TH tissue paper very much, you’re a mean woman with a brayer, that’s for sure 🙂 Enjoy Stamperama, I think Helen (Stamping by H) is going too!
    hugs, LLJ 13 xx

1. CCreations (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Thanks Jan….some of us have more breaks than others!! 😉 Congrats on the new great niece…that bunting is absolutely beautiful!!

3. Neet (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Love your papers.
    I too am a Leandra fan but don’t get to see much of her these days. Hope Paris does not clash with Port Sunny this Spring and then I might get to see her (and part with money ….)
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me earlier – Neet 4 xx

4. Vicky (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 12:44 pm

that masterboard is gorgeous, wow 11 colors, maybe you got a little carried away but the result is outstanding, both sides.happy woyww Vicky#3

5. Jill (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 12:55 pm

those look beautiful
    Jill

6. Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 2:00 pm

You can’t just go and “see” the stamps and not buy any! That would be such a letdown! Like sex without an orgasm, LOL, sorry I couldn’t come up with a better analogy! Love what you did with the tissue paper! Hmm, perhaps I will gelli print on mine! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #38

7. Miriam Grazier (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 2:33 pm

lovely work Caz….love the colours you have used too

8. Cara @ crafting bunnies (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Loving the tissue paper, you can never use too many colours! I hope you have a great time at the weekend, make sure you share any purchases with us! Cara WOYWW #41

9. Sandy Leigh (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Your tissue paper painting is just beautiful – the layers and the colors are amazing. It will make so many gorgeous backgrounds! I love that you have a mini brayer – I think I need one now! Thanks so much for visiting. Sandy Leigh #51

10. Dawn (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Looks great, well done you….what is special about the Fresco paints?
    Dawn #45

11. Diane (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 4:11 pm

I love your paper. great job!

Have a great day!

Diane WOYWW #44

12. Carol N (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Thanks for visiting! Gorgeous masterboards! They’ll definitely add to any project! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #33

13. glitterandglue (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Hello Caz. Not been here before … fun, gorgeous papers you are creating there. Well done. Thanks for the visit – yes, it would have been amazing to fly over Snowdon – but I have to admit to being really nervous for John as the O2 levels would have been down, and I didn’t know how John would manage. (We would have been up at about 6000ft). As it was his breathing issues didn’t matter at all, as we were simply 2000ft high! It was indeed a fantastic day, and a very special memory of my brave man’s day.
    Take care.
    Margaret #40

14. Shoshi (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Wow, Caz, this is simply gorgeous… I adore the colours and both final stamps are lovely and I couldn’t say which I prefer. It’s a lovely piece of work!

Thanks for your visit – I’m feeling a lot better now, thank you, and am busy making samosas today! We have loads of stuffies (mostly teddies) and they all have names. My dirty paint jar is my trade mark lol!!

Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #30

15. Helen (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Thanks for visiting – I had guessed it was you – or at least Wendy – that Miriam was bringing, she’d been teasing us on twitter about bringing a surprise… but I did guess when she said she was making a detour – see you on Sunday then! Gorgeous masterboard with your frescos.. can’t beat them. Helen #2

1. CCreations (reply)

February 25, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Hope I’m not in trouble for letting the cat out of the bag! She’s picking up Wendy and I’m bringing my son Lewis…….we did look at whether we could manage to all come in one car but that would have been too big a detour (and a *very* early start)!!

See you there 🙂

16. Sue (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Hi Caz, I am loving your papers.

Have fun at the Stamparama event. it would be rude not to buy any stamps:)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
    Sue #24

17. Sharon K (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 8:59 pm

What a wonderful background! I hope you have fun at Stamporama. It sounds like a wonderful place to go. I hope you share some photos.

Sharon K #47

18. Clair (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Now I know why I didn’t recognise your name earlier – thanks for stopping by. I only started WOYWWing in January and I’ve been slowly ‘meeting’ most of the regulars. Hello 🙂

Your art work is fabulous! I do love inks and paints and messy things – especially when the end results are so beautiful!

Clair #11

19. sue jones (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Gorgeous backgrounds – just bought some fresco paints for the first time – they are yet to arrive though.Thanks for the visit earlier today . Have a great week. Soojay xx

20. Lynn Holland (reply)

February 24, 2016 at 11:27 pm

There’s nothing better than crafting and friends. Thanks for saying hello. Hope you have a fabulous crafty week
    Lynn 19 x

21. Nikki C (reply)

February 25, 2016 at 1:53 am

I love to alter paper that way I’ll use it up even when It’s not my fave no more :0)
    Your sheet looks amazing
    hugs Nikki 9

22. RosA (reply)

February 25, 2016 at 2:20 am

Love what you have done with that tissue paper! Fabulous effect!
    Thanks for stopping by earlier too,
    RosA

23. Shaz in Oz.x (reply)

February 25, 2016 at 5:29 am

Hi there Caz welcome back I’m a tad intermittent too so AWOL is okay 😀 wow also love the master board tissue paper what a great idea might have to try it myself in my own way as not access to TH stuff much but no harm trying with what is on hand .. now just to add it to my humongous list, eh?
    I love what you did,
    Thanks so much for popping over and for sharing.
    Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #25

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

24. Angela (reply)

February 25, 2016 at 11:36 am

Hi Caz, I very much look forward to seeing what you do with this. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww (sorry it’s a bit late got tied up with a project) Happy crafting, Angela x 28

25. Sussie (reply)

February 25, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Beautiful papers!
    Sussie nr 50

26. Julia (reply)

February 25, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Bet you’ll hook up with Helen – have a fab day. And come back with some stuff, or there’s no point going! I love the masterboard, but I prefer the side with the writing, very me!

27. Michaela (reply)

February 26, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Enjoy Stamperama and if you meet up with Helen.

The brayered tissue paper looks great, you wouldn’t know there was 11 colours on there!
    Thanks for visiting my desk already
    Kyla #6

28. sandra de (reply)

February 27, 2016 at 5:38 am

These backgrounds look absolutely stunning.
    sandra de @22