What have I been up to lately while I’ve not been blog posting? Well, firstly there’s the latest challenge on the Paper Artsy Blog entitled Our House – click on this link to see all the fab entries. Lots of different ideas but as I was having a play with some pastel Frescos in my new journal, it sort of grew into a background and an entry into the challenge from there! SO I have made a mental note of some of the other ideas there for future projects.
I brayered and scraped Cheesecake, Guacamole, Blue Oyster and Stone Fresco paints to start with. The leaves were then a combination of Hey Pesto and Hyde Park mixed and Imagination Crafts stencils. I wasn’t really sure where it was going after I’d stencilled the leaves and then I spotted the castle stamps when I was looking though my collection for an image or two to add. All Paper Artsy stamps – some Crowns & Castles sets 1 and 9, and then the hedgehogs from one of the latest sets from Kim Dellow and the birds from the other one of her latest stamp sets.
I had a playday with bestie Miriam last Saturday and we had a good day investigating the different effects we could achieve with the new Paper Artsy Infusions – water soluble particles with 2 components: dye colour pigment mixed with walnut stain.. We love these new powders and the variety of effects you can get from them from tiny specs of muted colour to full blown colours with shades of walnut. We used a variety of mediums with them – all the range of PA glazes, plus some gel medium and we tried watercolour paper and some tags. I particularly liked spritzing them with water, drying the paper then using a babywipe to remove some of the colour through a stencil. Another really good effect was using molding paste through a stencil and then sprinkling on the infusions before removing the stencil – the walnut stain only seems to come through a tiny bit using the paste. All the glazes make the colour permanent so it just depends if you want matte, satin, gloss or pearl effect! 🙂
I’ve also been using Seth Apter stamps, dies and stencils in my artwork recently so I decided to put an 8″x8″ album to good use to store them all in one place! Of course, I couldn’t leave the plain black cover on it 🙂
I decided I needed a new art journal so I’ve “re-purposed” a small Moleskine journal from my work days. I didn’t want to go over OTT with the cover so I had a play with some gels/pastes. Pumice gel, fibre paste and molding paste mixed with some acrylic paints and a few stencils gave me this:
I’m part way through some pieces in the new journal which will save for the next post